Sunday, July 29, 2012

Storms

We had a tornado warning today and for the first time since I've moved to the condo the tornado sirens went off, as well as other alerts saying "take cover now." So, the significant other and I piled into my closet with Ebon, Siggy, and the two cats. Nothing hit us, but I couldn't help but be amused by what it was like to have all of us in such a small space. The last time I got a "take cover now" alert it was me, Ebon, and my mom's two cats in a bathroom. A bathroom larger than the closet at that, and I was dealing with the semi-feral Ginny not wanting anything at all to do with Ebon. Ah, thunderstorms.

Everyone all huddled together in the closet. Of course, Ebon's just a massive shadow

2 comments:

  1. Oooh scary! Glad you didn't get hit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you weren't hit by nothing.
    When I lived in St. Louis, the tornado alarm at the next door police station went off every first Monday of the month, as a test I suppose. Well, one day, it goes off... On a Friday. I saw my first tornado in person that day, and I really hope it's the last. Thankfully the thing blew off it's course which would have taken it right into my apartment complex. We did not have a "safe" place in the complex but the police station did and the cops would have let us hide in there if we had wanted to.

    ReplyDelete