Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wow! 10,000 Views!

Ebon from today, waiting patiently for me to hive him the last piece of the ham bone (more on that later).
I want to give a special thanks to all of my regular readers, as well as those of you who drop by only once or twice.I never thought I would make it to ten thousand views, let alone achieving that many before the new year! I'm glad you all seem to be enjoying reading my blog. Here's some things that have happened in the past six months (and a bit):

Up to this point since the begging of the Musings on June 15, 2011, there have been 210 posts made (including this one). The blog has received 10,141 views from numerous countries, the vast majority coming from the United States and Canada. The URL has been changed once to make it easier for readers to find the blog, and the blog's overall appearance has changed several times. The blog has received over 150 comments from readers, reflecting mostly positive feedback. Interestingly enough, today I actually received my first spam comment.

I've started Graduate school and moved from the country to the city. I went from a house with two cats (Albus and Ginny) to a condo with two other cats (Jen and Ash). Ebon has had many new experiences, and re-lived some old ones. I've had some interesting experiences that have come from living in a city for the first time. My dad even adopted a new dog (Siggy). Overall, it's been a very fun six months! In the new year, I hope to have just as much fun.

Here's a few posts that will be coming to the Musings in the near future:

A Ferret of a Different Color (which I started and forgot about for months)
The Ham Bone
Why You Should Vaccinate Your Kids
An Uphill Battle: Tarter in a Kibble-fed Dog
Hemophilia
The Eyes Have It
The Saga of the Cockroaches
Mismark Case Study: Labrador Retriever
..And much, much more!

4 comments:

  1. Ham bones are a delicacy, but not like bull penis candy canes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a good blog. You should be proud of your work. I like your style.

    Will be intrigued to see your report on tartar in a kibble-fed dog. I haven't seen too much serious writing on the much-touted dental benefits of kibble and bones. So I wonder what's your take...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure you will have many more comments after post this one:

    Why You Should Vaccinate Your Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, everyone.

    Scottie, I don't think I've ever seen a bully stick in the shape of a candy cane.

    M.C, I haven't seen a lot of comparisons done. To me, dog owners should be made more aware of the benefits and side affects of different types of diets.

    Jess, possibly. I'll soon find out. It's a much hotter topic than it should be.

    ReplyDelete